Google Analytics

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Kinsmen

It has been a while since I bought a jazz album, but after reading the New Yorker article by Gary Giddins on Rudresh Mahanthappa, where he declares the album Kinsmen as "a momentous achievement that will be around for a long time to come", I felt I had to get one. Since Mahanthappa's album is from a New York based small label it is not available in Taiwan, at least I can't find it. Luckily, a good friend of mine came to visit from the US and was able to bring Kinsmen back for me.

I listened to Kinsmen almost non-stop last weekend and really enjoyed it. I found some passages in the album to be quite unique and beautiful. I am so glad I found Mahanthappa's music. Now I need to get Mahanthappa's Apti.



http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/musical/2009/03/02/090302crmu_music_giddins

No comments:

Post a Comment