Google Analytics

Friday, May 15, 2009

Finding Time

I am not sure when I will ever find the time to finish reading Proust's À la recherche du temps perdu, but for the time being I am spending time making madeleines.

I used to make the madeleines based on the recipe in The Gourmet Cookbook; they turned out very well. Recently I have been using Dorie Greenspan's recipe and chilling the batter before baking to get the hump on the madeleines. So far I have only made the traditional version with grated lemon zest and vanilla. In the future I will experiment with some other flavors.



Unlike Proust, madeleine doesn't bring back childhood memories for me. Instead, I am reminded of the warm mini-madeleines that I had as petit four at Daniel Boulud's eponymous restaurant in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment